FREE Episodes Available On Kindle Vella

Saturday, September 7, 2024

Writing For Kindle Vella

I am going to give it the thumbs up. If nothing else, writing for KV will give you the discipline to write one or two chapters a week. It's like creating an episode for a weekly TV series. And that's how I approach it. 

If you're a newbie author I still recommend you have an editor review your episodes or ideas for the whole series. I can help. JS.

For seasoned writers, consider using this platform to publish those novels you've completed but couldn't find a home for. I'm about to take my own advice. 

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, as it's still in its early stages, Kindle Vella is Amazon's platform for authors to upload their novellas one chapter at a time. As usual, it's up to the author to establish a following. Do your own advertising, networking, social media, etc., which is true for all authors--traditionally signed or Indie. 

How to make money, you ask? They have a confusing algorithm if that's the word I can use. I received a check very early on, it was small, but apparently, simply creating content can earn you a small bonus. I received another one a couple of months later, and I'm still perplexed how I did that.

When people purchase tokens to read your episodes you earn a percentage. Tokens are cheap, right now it's 99 cents for 100. Remember your first 10 chapters are free. Not too many authors were happy with that change. Readers complained; Kindle listened.

Kindle Vella held their first writing contest called the Vellys. They will announce the winner (a $25K prize) this September. The seventeenth to be precise. Here's my entry: Secrets of Jericho Bay.  

I would love to create a group for Christian authors publishing on Kindle Vella. So, leave us your links to your KV stories in the comment section and we'll brainstorm.

If you're interested, all my episode artwork is published on Pinterest. Small donations are appreciated if you would like to have one for your episodes. It's great for social media.

Link to KV





No comments: