.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Story Behind the Story, Noah and the Unicorns by Author/Lyricist Deanne Davis

A year or so ago, my Texas granddaughter, Emily, who is three, announced to the world at large that "unicorns are real!" As she has been attached to a purple pillow-pet unicorn for quite some time now, and is partial to t-shirts displaying unicorns, purple or pink if possible, I realized I needed to take her seriously. She has also announced that "unicorns are pink!" but I'm not so sure about that.

Some years ago, my Dad, Kim Weed, (hero and narrator of Kindle novella, "A Treasure Map, A Drunken Owl and 47 Rattlers in a Bag") who was an amazing artist all his life, drew a charming pen and ink sketch of Noah's Ark sailing off as rain sleeted down on the unicorns who were left behind. Emily and my Dad, being of one mind, that unicorns were real, were the inspiration for this Kindle short story.

Just a few years ago, my co-writer, David Wheatley, and I wrote a delightful musical entitled, "Hands!" The Musical, in which we meet Noah and Mrs. Noah. The song we wrote for and about Noah: "Noah! You're a Pleasure to Me" (scroll down for sheet music) is available to anyone who'd like to sing it themselves. 

*****
Noah and the Unicorns is available on Amazon. 

It's here on Kindle
























NOAH'S ANSWER








*****
Illustrations by Kim Weed
copyright, 2014 by Deanne Davis

Music by David Wheatley
Lyrics by Deanne Davis
copyright, 2014 by Deanne Davis

No comments :