FREE Episodes Available On Kindle Vella

Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Testing Kindle Vella: Is It Worth It?

Thus far, I've only published 18 episodes on KV (Kindle Vella), and it was a fair beginning. Amazon did not please too many authors when they decided our first ten episodes would be offered for free. Oh well, shorter episodes was one way to battle that rule. We don't mind free chapters, but we thought three was enough.

Nevertheless, I received a bonus of $3.49 for April. So there's that. If they keep paying me bonuses I won't complain. A hundred dollars would make me a tad bit happier.

I don't want to give up, even though the agent I work with has offered to find me a publisher if I send that query letter and a One Sheet. Oh no! I don't like query letters even though I tell my clients they have to do it.

Is KV worth it? For right now I'll say yes but only because it keeps me writing a couple of chapters/episodes a week. That is a discipline I covet. If you're thinking of publishing with KV let me know. I will do my best to read what you're cooking over there and will share links on my social media. 

And, if you want more information leave a comment. Hopefully, I will get back to you.


Sons of TanSonLor on Kindle Vella



No comments: