.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The 530Mudslide, Holding On to Hope for Arlington, Oso, and Darrington: When Tragedy Strikes Home

The 530Mudslide. They've given it a name. I had to go figure it out--State Route 530 is where the devastating mudslide happened, in Snohomish county WA. I guess that's what we do, give names to tragic events. It's a good thing though; this way, hopefully, people won't forget the victims. The world is broken isn't it? A series of aftershocks happened in La Habra following a 5.5 earthquake, then an 8 point earthquake in Chile, the disappearance of Flight 370, Russia and the Ukraine are on the edge of war, the American healthcare system might make us or break us, and my cousin, Ron, is counted amongst the missing in the Oso 530Mudslide.

Wow, when tragedy strikes home, things change--life changes. We set up a page on Facebook for Ron just so we could keep the news flow centralized. But it didn't do any good to see pictures of the mudslide. It was way too painful for Ron's wife and his kids. So we took down the pictures and began adding pictures of Ron from his younger years to photographs with his new grandbabies. It's been a source of comfort and hope and a great site for friends and family to encourage Ron's immediate family, and no doubt, ourselves.

All this to say, that I've been trying to get work done, but it's hard when living in a fog. That's where my brain is. But today one of my cousins posted this on her FB wall.

click for image link
So I will try to be productive, one manuscript at a time. Maybe one chapter at a time. Hang in there with me, dear authors, and I will get your work done, hopefully in a timely manner. I am driving up to Washington State this coming Monday--yes, my laptop will be attached to my fingers. Pray for us, and for Ron, and his wife and four kids. And if you are led to give a few dollars to help Ron's family you can do so through PayPal or Banner Bank of WA.

Banner Bank info
Write check out to

Don deQuilettes FBO Ronald deQuilettes
Mail check (or drop off at any Banner Bank) to

Banner Bank
3405-SW 188th St. Suite 201
Lynnwood WA 98037

... or send a donation through the PayPal link below. ALL proceeds will go to Ron's wife.




No comments :