.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Poem From One of My Authors

Every day I hope and pray,
Today's the day, you'll find a way,
To give my Literary Life a tingle,
And make Rattlesnake Bite a Kindle single!
Tablespoon of Love and Tablespoon of Laughter,
Is a work I may only see in the hereafter.

Darling Editor, What can I do,
To make my stuff a priority with you?
I hate to nag and whine and bitch,
But within me there is such an itch,
To see my work complete and on sale,
Available to all, Order by email!

I know the whole world wants you, too,
But waiting and waiting is making me blue (a pretty turquoise sort of blue)
I repeat, Darling Editor, What can I say?
To make you sweep all the others away?

You selfish author, you're probably saying,
For an Editor like me, thousands you should be paying!
I know! For forgiveness I should be praying,
But I'm not getting any younger? Just saying.
So I'm sending you hugs and a million kisses,

Hoping a smile and a laugh is what this is.
Have a great day, be good to yourself,
And know that I love you and appreciate you more than you can imagine.

Deanne Davis

No comments :