Things have changed in the book business. Used to be that a publisher would do all of the marketing for their authors. With the internet in its glory days, and showing no signs of slowing down, authors have plenty of options to do their own marketing.
These days authors themselves play a large role in promoting their books. Traditional publishers want to know what kind of "platform" the author has. A platform? How many followers does an author have on Twitter, how many friends on Facebook, how many people are checking out an author's Pinterest account; there's Google +, LinkedIn, Tumbler, blogs. In other words does the author have an audience?
So as an author, one must learn this beast called marketing: sell not only the product but themselves as well. We're gathering some simple marketing tips which we think every author needs to learn ... and do. Remember, marketing is something you need to do on a consistent basis. Carve out some time each day to market your book.
(Some of these links lead to articles outside AI. Each site was tested and trusted.)
1. How to Market on Facebook
2. Marketing Plans for Fiction Titles
3. Ten Ways to Market Your Book
4. Creating an Effective Book Launch (YouTube videos)
5. 89 Book Marketing Ideas
6. 10 Book Marketing Tips from (TrainingAuthors.com)
7. Promote Your eBook with Twitter
8. 15 Places to Promote You $0.99 cent eBook (from TrainingAuthors.com)
9. 50 YouTube Marketing Strategies for Authors (Free PDF download)
10. 5 Reasons Why Authors Should Consider Video Marketing Concepts
11. How to Increase Blog Traffic
12. Your Author Platform
13. Keywords: What Are They, How To Use Them, and Why They Are Important
14. What Are Keywords And What The Heck Do You Do With Them?
15. Five (or Six actually) Rules New Authors Should Follow
16. 182 Quotes About Book Marketing (These will encourage and educate you/writers.)
17. 8 Ways Authors Can Use Goodreads to Promote Their Book
18. The Mari Smith Twitter Formula (Mari has 287K followers)
19. Community Management: 7 Tips for Marketers
20. Team Marketing Profs (Pinterest Boards)
21. Marketing Tips for Facebook
22. 98 Book Marketing Ideas That Can Help Authors Increase Sales